Thursday, April 7, 2011

Fatigued

Not much to say about today, other than when I woke up, I felt refreshed and happy. I haven't felt that way in a very long time. Normally I wake up half dead and miserable, and I feel like a zombie the rest of the day. Not today!! So in order to take advantage of my good mood, I have my day planned out and am ready for it.

I have a weakness for the nail polish that Target puts out, by Sonia Kashuk. It's probably the simple bottles they use, or the shiny silver brush cap, but I can't help myself! I changed my polish last night, and put on Sonia Kashuk's Fatigued.





When I bought this, I was positive it was a dupe for Essie Sew Psyched, but I've been looking of photos online, and I'm now convinced Fatigued is much darker (I'll have to get the Essie to investigate!). I'm sure they thought of this when they named the color, but this is the exact shade of Army fatigues. It's the same drab olive color that you'll find in any military surplus store. It's not my absolute favorite, but it's a good alternative for neutrals when you want something understated, but with a twist! Just look at this close-up: 


You might have to click on the photo to get the full size, but can you see all those tiny pink and gold and green sparkles?! They're not apparent until you get in full sunlight, and you have to look pretty closely, but it's so pretty! I saw a slight shimmer in the bottle before I painted my nails but I wasn't hopeful that it would show up on the nail. I'm glad to be proven wrong! Most of the time however, it looks like this:

Cloudy
And although you can't see the pretty shimmer all the time, it's still a great color. I probably won't keep it on for very long, but I'm a fan. 

So about yesterday. I said I was making a pie...well, I didn't. I bought a pie, cause I'm lazy. We ended up with peach! The BF picked it out, and although I had never had peach pie before, it was really good. It was much more tart than I expected! 

What I'm listening to right now: Fallin' For You by Colbie Caillat.


No comments:

Post a Comment