Friday, February 3, 2012

butter LONDON Marrow

I was super excited to get my hands on butter LONDON's Marrow. I've wanted it ever since it came out in their Fall 2010 collection, partially because I'm a physiology major and appreciated the inspiration for the color, the dried center of bone. I just want to say however, this looks nothing like actual marrow. 




It is such a gorgeous color. It has a very fine shimmer hidden in the color, but I couldn't get it to photograph properly. I love this shade of purple, a very plummy color. The formula wasn't as great as I expected, it got globby very quick, and my coats were unintentionally thick. 


It isn't quite the proper color for my skin though, and a lot of the time it looks a lot darker than it normally is. I've been having such a hard time finding colors that don't make my hands lobster-y. I have a fair-olive skin tone with a lot of yellow undertones, and nothing seems to look right! Does anyone have this problem? Or any polish suggestions?

What do you guys think of Marrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment