Friday, August 10, 2012

Milani Baked Blush - Dolce Pink

Happy Friday everyone! Are you all excited for the weekend? We don't have anything special planned, but I've been on the lookout for carry-on luggage as I'm traveling to Ohio at the end of the month, so we may go out shopping. Most of my extended family lives in Ohio so I'm very excited to get to visit them!

As for today's beauty product of the day, I recently picked up the Milani Baked Blush in Dolce Pink.




This is a very pink blush with champagne shimmer throughout. This is actually quite glittery, so I would avoid this if you prefer more matte blushes. I wasn't expecting the crazy amount of glitter this had, and it nearly put me off. You can buff out the majority of the glitter, but there's a significant amount of sheen left over. 

Also, I find this to be really sheer. I have to apply it about 3 times to get any noticeable color on my cheeks, and by then it's shimmer overload and I have to buff it all out. As much as I like the color, I find this to be a pain. I could easily find a more matte blush for the same price. However, I will say that the packaging is quite lovely, I'm a fan of the gold mirror finish and it really stands out in my makeup bag.


Underneath the blush pan is a small compartment for a small brush that's included. I normally toss these, but this one is actually a pretty nice quality for being so tiny. I don't use the brush on a normal basis, but it might be nice when you're traveling and can't bring all your brushes.


So what do you think of the Milani Baked Blushes? Are these old-hat by now? I figured as much, since I'm quite late to every party. These retail for about $8 and are available on the Milani website
See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment