Friday, August 31, 2012

Pixi - Happy Thoughts Pink

Happy Friday everyone! Can you believe tomorrow is the first day of September? Holy crap.
I'm about 85% packed for my trip tomorrow, and I have to remember to check in today so I don't forget!

One of the products I'll be taking on my trip is this wonderful tinted balm that I picked up at Target last week.


This is the Magic Tink Tint from Pixi in Happy Thoughts Pink. This is one of those pH reactive balms that changes color as it reacts to your skin. How beautiful is the packaging? I was never a fan of Tinkerbell, but I think that they did a great job in making this feminine without being cloyingly sweet or childish. Also, the tube is a twist-up which I love. None of that sharpening business here!


Top: 1 minute after application
Bottom: immediately after application

The balm starts to react and change color very soon after I apply it to my lips. It transforms from a very light balmy sheen to a lovely shade of pink, and becomes the perfect pink for my lips. Now, it's not super moisturizing, but it's not drying either. I typically will layer a colorless lip balm or a pink gloss on top of this but you could totally get away with wearing it alone.


Now, I thought that this was limited edition, but I first heard about these in April and they're still available in Target stores or online and retail for $16.

What do you guys think? Have you tried any other products from Pixi? I've got my eye on the Lip Blushes and the Fake Awake kit, but I think they're a little expensive for a drugstore/retail store product. I will probably repurchase the Tink Tint when I run out (if its still available then) but I think they're asking a little too much for what's offered. I typically turn down buying their products because of the price, and only purchased this because I had a coupon.

Tomorrow I'll be jumping on a plane, so the next time you'll hear from me I'll be in Ohio!
Have a fantastic weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment