Monday, August 20, 2012

Plastic Wrap Nails

Hey guys! I hope you are all having a great Monday, and to start off the week I have some nail art that I'm really excited to show you!

I got the idea from a tutorial that Anna from Glitter She Wrote posted here. The idea is that you use crumpled plastic wrap to blot wet polish over a contrasting color to create a marbled effect, and I love it! For my attempt, I tried to recreate the look Anna made by layering a navy blue over white. Specifically, China Glaze Bermuda Breakaway for the blue and Essie Bone Chilling from the Morticia's Nails collection as the undercoat color.



Now, I  love blue patterned anything. If I could, my entire house would be covered in blue-patterned china, tablecloths, cookware, you name it. So you can understand that when Anna's photos showed up on my Pinterest I had to try it out right then and there. I experimented with one nail last night, and then finished up the rest this morning. 

The tutorial suggests waiting until the bottom coat color has dried completely, but I was able to get away with using a coat of Seche Vite over the white and waiting a few minutes. I was also pretty gentle with the plastic wrap. I found that the design got muddied easily if I went over the color too many times with the plastic, so try to keep to blotting once or twice only. 



What do you think? Is this fantastic or what!? I'm loving it, and I can't stop looking at my nails. I've tried my hand at nail art before and I'm a little clumsy with it, but I found this to be really easy! To follow Anna's tutorial, visit her website and let me know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment